A spooky new trailer and the main voice cast have been revealed for Midnight Occult Civil Servants (known in Japan as Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin), an upcoming TV anime based on the urban fantasy manga by Yohko Tamotsu about a group of public officials that step in when supernatural creatures become a nuisance in modern Shinjuku.
The main cast for Midnight Occult Civil Servants includes:
- Jun Fukuyama as Arata Miyako.
- Tomoaki Maeno as Kyoichi Sakaki.
- Miyu Irino as Theo Himetsuka.
- Kōji Yusa as Reiji Senda.
- Takahiro Sakurai as Ichigo Kano.
- Shun'ichi Toki as Huehuecóyotl.
- And Kazutomi Yamamoto as Yuki.
The original Midnight Occult Civil Servants manga is serialized in Kadokawa's Comic Newtype digital manga magazine. The Midnight Occult Civil Servants TV anime is directed by Tetsuya Watanabe and features animation production by Liden Films. The series will broadcast in Japan beginning in April of 2019.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.