Black Lagoon Season 3 Roberta’s Blood Trail
The Black Lagoon Season 3 Roberta’s Blood Trail is third part of Black Lagoon eps. 25 to 29 after three years 5 OVA, 1 eps. every 2 months and a half, i can’t imagine how the people watching at that time felt waiting so long for this, and for this big of a story, it should have been longer and better developed for the time they had
Short Synopsis of Black Lagoon Season 3
Roberta, the terrorist-turned-maid that made her appearance in the first season of Black Lagoon, returns in this five-episode OVA series—and this time, all bets are off!
Roberta’s benefactor, the patriarch of the Lovelace clan, is murdered during a political rally. The assassin’s trail soon leads back to Roanapur—so now she has returned on a mission of vengeance! However, close behind her is the new patriarch, Garcia, as well as Roberta’s apprentice (and maid), Fabiola Iglesias. As the body count of Roberta’s bloody rampage mounts, forces from within the corrupt island (which includes the Lagoon Company), as well as overseas converge on what threatens to escalate into all-out war!
- Type: OVA
- Episodes: 5
- Status: Finished Airing
- Aired: Jun 27, 2010 to Jun 22, 2011
- Producers: Geneon Universal Entertainment
- Licensors: FUNimation Entertainment
- Studios: Madhouse
- Source: Manga
- Genres: Action, Seinen
- Duration: 33 min. per ep.
- Rating: R+ – Mild Nudity
Story setup of Roberta’s Blood Trail
Art & Animation in Black Lagoon
New Characters in Black Lagoon Season 3 Roberta’s Blood Trail
- Roberta comes back, the story is about chasing her to stop the revenge that Garcia never wanted, while we get her perspective too, my mind was changing towards her, because i liked her a lot in the first ”season” and i wanted them to save her, but then i changed my mind, it was her own fault looking for a revenge that Garcia never wanted and what she was doing was too much, so i didn’t care if she was killed later on, but because of Rock i still had hope for her to recover.
- Rock has a bigger role this time, he had to come with a plan that prevented a war requested by Mr. Chang because they don’t want U.S. to find out about how things are in Roanapour, but that wasn’t his only plan and because of that Rock had to use a different plan, he wanted the opposite of what Chang wanted, it worked but didn’t have an effect at the end (that part of the plan at least).
- Revy has a minor role than before, but is there to be with Rock and help him, we even see one of her bewbs while she showers while Rock convinces her to help him, and Fabiola confronts her about stopping Rock’s crazy ideas and starts saying things that Revy doesn’t deny but that makes her mad because it’s true and then we get to see something that really made me a little mad, it was her flashback that appeared in ”season” 1 and 2 about her like a kid, this time was complete, i felt more empathy with her and disgusted to see that scene, i was mad, poor Revy, she didn’t do anything wrong or bad, that’s why she always change subject ot gets mad at Eda when she asks if she and Rock banged (maybe not a big part of the reason) but i didn’t wanted to know tho, since the beginning i knew it was a bad childhood, but this one, i wish i didn’t saw that part, in other animes it bugs me not to know characters past, but i knew i didn’t wanted to know Revy’s past, now i hope not to associate that image with Revy.
- Eda is like a double agent, it was a little complicated to know where side she was more related with, but she is a great character now.
There are characters that comes back like that Lotton guy, who is in the wrong business and lives together with the sexy Shenhua and the emotional Sawyer after saving them, they appear again to find Roberta, Mr. Chang is a bastard whose ideals were like Rock’s ideals but now he’s a bastard and we get to see why Balalaika is in debt with Black Lagoon, the thing is that they don’t appear much, because there are little eps. to develop them more but for the ones that are there it was very good.